Saturday, April 17, 2010

My 10 Favorite cookbooks...

Collecting cookbooks is a true love of mine.  Whenever I find a "new" one, I get so excited!  My friend Amber always calls me to let me know if she found a good one (she loves them too!). Here are my top ten favorites right now, in no particular order. I am always looking for new ones, whenever I'm out or traveling.  What is your favorite cookbook?

1. Screen Doors and Sweet Tea  (This is a newly found cookbook) I cant wait to try the recipes.



2. Farm Chicks in the Kitchen (I think I love the cover of this one, more than the recipes).



3. Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics (A classic of mine)



4.  Julia Child: Mastering the Art of French Cooking (The queen of french cooking).



5.  Ellie Kreiger: The food you crave (I love Ellie, as well as her show on Saturday mornings. Her recipes are so fresh).



6. The Martha Stewart Cookbook (Great classic recipes in here).



7.  Deceptively Delicious (This one is a sneaky way to get veggies into your dinners without your kids knowing.  Mine have no clue).



8.  Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen (Another cute cookbook, with lots of stories).



9.  The Pioneer Woman Cooks (Dont try this one if you want to lose any weight.  It has DELICIOUS recipes though!)



10. Charleston Receipts (This Charleston, SC cookbook was first published in 1950 and has many Gullah recipes.  Its a must have for anyone who loves southern cooking. They sell it everywhere in Charleston, including at the historic market).






While I was searching for my cookbook pictures, I found this eclectic website that actually sells old, out of print, vintage cookbooks.  Its so neat! You must check it out. Its called www.oldcookbooks.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked blogs

Get my button for your blog!



Inspirational Blogs

bws tips buttonlife in grace

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones