Friday, May 28, 2010

Im SO loving Jadeite green...

I bought an old china cabinet from my neighbor Amy for $40.00 (thanks Amy).   I plan to start sanding & painting it sometime this weekend.  Im painting it the same color as my kitchen cabinets (swiss mocha by Behr). Its a white tone, similar to the hutch pictured below. 


Last week, I bought a Martha Stewart vintage green paint (called sea glass) to cover the inside back wall of the cabinet. 

Sea glass color tones in the picture below, blogged by jadeite kate look similar to the color I choose. This picture is in this months issue of Better Homes & Gardens.




Sea Glass by Martha Stewart




 And, slowly but surely, I will fill it with jade-ite & vintage dishes.  



picture courtesy of pauladeen.com




Another cute vintage hutch, filled with green.



3 comments:

  1. Okay, I just had a little heart attack. I see the gorgeous cabinet and read "I bought an old china cabinet from my neighbor for $40.00"! GASP! LOL! I thought it was THE cabinet! Anyway, LOVE the inspiration photos and can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait til you see the one I got for $40.oo. It was a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are beautiful! I love my BHG magazine.
    I love vintage jadeite too. My mom bought a set in the early 70's from an old restaurant going out of business and we used it while growing up. She passed it on to me and I've been slowly adding to it.
    It's addicitng!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked blogs

Get my button for your blog!



Inspirational Blogs

bws tips buttonlife in grace

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones