Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day weekend celebration...

Memorial day weekend is here!  I hope everyone celebrates this weekend as a time of remembrance of all the loved ones who are not here anymore, especially our solders who fought for our country and lost theirs lives doing so.

Abigail and I made homemade festive brownies for our cookout today.  I  got the pinwheel cupcake decorations at walmart for $2.00.  Aren't they adorable?








Can you see that she put her dress on backwards??


You can kind of see my kitchen cabinets in this picture.  I promise I will show the whole kitchen when its finally done!


Homemade Brownies with frosting


Frosting

1 stick of butter w/ a pinch of salt - beat well.
1 heaping tablespoon Cocoa...
then add confectioner sugar {I usually use almost a whole bag}
and milk until it's the right consistency.

of course, you can make a wonderful white frosting too by just omitting the Coco~ :)


Brownie recipe~ (I double this)

2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar

mix dry ingredients - set aside.

2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup vegetable oil

beat eggs - gradually stir in dry ingredients. mix well
pour into square greased pan
Bake @ 350 for 20 - 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Networked blogs

Get my button for your blog!



Inspirational Blogs

bws tips buttonlife in grace

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones